Exchange broken on 8.0.2?

Tommy m

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2012
Is anyone having any issues with not getting exchange emails pushed in 8.0.2? The only time I get new email to receive in my exchange account is when I open mail then the account will sync. Push is enables and I didn't change anything from 8.0. This has happened on two separate 6 pluses I have.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
I don't have this issue but if you search there are mulitple issues with Exchange and iOS8..maybe a search will help you find an answer.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011
Is anyone having any issues with not getting exchange emails pushed in 8.0.2? The only time I get new email to receive in my exchange account is when I open mail then the account will sync. Push is enables and I didn't change anything from 8.0. This has happened on two separate 6 pluses I have.
Yep, same here.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
Do you need to add any additional details, such as server info?

Tommy m

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2012
Do you need to add any additional details, such as server info?
No additional info needed for corp exchange server. The problem is I will not see an email in the inbox or receive any notification unless I open the mail app. It will then pull the email and it will show up as it was just received. It worked fine on iOS 8.0. The problem started when I upgraded to 8.0.2. I even tried deleting the acccount on the phone and reinstalling no luck.

chunology

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Mine seems to be broken, too. Push notifications work fine on my iPad but I won't get the same notification on my iPhone 6 Plus until I manually refresh.

bearda

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
Seems to pop up every once and a while for me, but for the most part I don't get any messages from my exchange account unless I manually pull up the Mail app. Then I get a dozen or so messages from the last hour. I've tried some of the workaround suggested elsewhere like turning the account to fetch and back or clearing and re entering the password but so far nothing has helped. This is becoming a major issue for me.

Tommy m

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2012
i called apple care they have an engineer looking into it. You all might want to call them as well. The more calls the less isolated it will seem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.