Exchange Calendar Meeting Update issue

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by matt2053, Apr 25, 2017.

1. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

I'm experiencing the following issue using Exchange calendar on my iPhone/iPad on iOS 10...

1. Create a recurring event and invite others to the event.
    2. From iOS device, edit the date or time of a single instance of the recurring event.

Expected: The people you invited to the event should receive updated invitations and your calendar on other devices should be updated.

Actual result: The people you invited to the event do not receive updated invitations, and the event change does not sync to other devices.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone know of any solution or workaround?

2. campyguy macrumors 68040

I own and run a small company, and I'm old (at least, I feel old today…). I have not found a solution as you've been looking for that works, going back to my days of using BES with an Exchange Server. Then, and now, Exchange still has "bugs" in synching that IMO is related to ownership and staying on a unified platform for both email and calendaring. IMHO that's partly a reason behind MS's purchase of Accompli and Sunrise - and pushing (no pun intended!) the Outlook app, which I/we like but don't use; we use our iPhone calendars for read-only access and call in to a resource person in the office to make changes.

FWIW, I also carry a cheap Lumia 640 with a Win 10 ROM and it also has issues - our Servers still don't "see" the device as an Outlook client.

What was accurate in 2010/11 still seems to haunt MS today, AFAIK. I make my employees read this to keep the whining in the office down to a dull whimper:
    http://www.networkworld.com/article...--lost-meetings--delegate-problems--etc-.html

I'm willing to hear someone else out, too! Cheers!