Exchange calendars and tasks with Sharepoint synch to Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cferraro, Sep 6, 2009.

1. cferraro macrumors newbie

Sep 6, 2009

I'm about to upgrade to Snow Leopard. My most waited feature is Exchange capability of Mail, iCal and Address Book. I have a couple of questions about this.

We have a MicroSoft SharePoint server at our office. We handle projects, contacts, tasks and calendars with this application. I want to use Mail to synchronize to our office 2007 exchange server. I think that will be ok, but there are two features I have doubt with:

1. Tasks. How do normal Outlook tasks be handled in Mail. I see there is To Do's in Mail. With Snow, will I be able to send a taks to a colleague (like with Outlook)?? If someone at our office sends me a Task with the exchange service, how will Mail handle this?

2.What if a specific project in SharePoint has a Task for me? Note that with SharePoint you have the option to "Connect to Outlook" so that a specific Calendar, tasks, RSS, etc. are linked directly to Mail. Would this work too?

I would appreciate some comments from anyone.
  2. zaxxon72 macrumors member

Oct 5, 2007

Did you find a solution? Now with your tasks from Exchange should sync.

But I have the same problem with Tasks from Sharepoint, I see them in Outlook on the PC, as a new Taskslist. This I cannot see in that's linked to Exchange, obviously.

Question is now, how to connect 10.8 builtin tools to a sharepoint server?