Exchange Certificates (how to setup?)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by turbo63, Jul 8, 2008.

1. turbo63 macrumors newbie

Ok, how does the Iphone 3G work with Exchange certificates? How do I install them? How do I make them etc.? I have one for my WM phone, can I use the same one, or do my IT guys need to make a new one? (they will not like that!)

Trying to make the switch to Iphone, but this is a deal breaker. The below is on the Apple support forum with no response.
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7524198#7524198

Also, read about the configuration utility for IT staff but cannot find that untility anywhere. Will it be available to everyone on the 11th?

Thanks!
    Kevin

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Yes, you can use the same certificate file as you used on your WM phone. Simply email the cert as an attachment to an email address that your iPhone has access to and then you just have to tap on the attachment on the iPhone. You will then be prompted if you want to install the certificate.

Alternatively, you can put the certificate file on a web server and point safari on the iPhone to it and it will do the same exact thing.

3. ssierra macrumors member

And do you know how to do this in a BB?

thanks

4. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

I would assume this is handled between the BES and Exchange server if it is possible to install a certificate which i highly doubt it is. In theory the blackberry doesnt access the exchange account, it accesses the BES server which accesses the Exchange server.

5. turbo63 thread starter macrumors newbie

How did this turn into a Crack Berry discussion? :rolleyes:

6. turbo63 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! My IT guys will never even know I am using the Iphone is my guess. :D :apple:

7. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I wonder if this means we will finally be able to import SSL client certs into Safari. (Keychain) Can't access any internal servers at work since they all require PKI auth.