Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

murof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Hello guys:)

well i got a printer with my macbook and it turned out to be a dud...the screen froze and doesnt return even after a long unplug. So i called HP and they credited me 110 dollars to use at their online store.
Now the question is will i have to tell apple about the new printer or not? i dont want to lose my 100 dollar rebate but i also kinda want to get a different model that apple doesnt cover under their rebate. I have already applied for the rebate for the broken one.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Apple doesn’t care what you do with the printer after you get it - they got your money from the laptop and you got the printer. The rebate terms end after you got the printer - which it sounds like you did. The rebate terms are independent of HP’s warranty terms.

You bought the original printer and that’s all Apple cares about. As long as you had the printer when you filled out the rebate Apple doesn’t care what happens with it afterwards.

murof

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Apple doesn’t care what you do with the printer after you get it - they got your money from the laptop and you got the printer. The rebate terms end after you got the printer - which it sounds like you did. The rebate terms are independent of HP’s warranty terms.

You bought the original printer and that’s all Apple cares about. As long as you had the printer when you filled out the rebate Apple doesn’t care what happens with it afterwards.

ok thanks :)
im just gunna go for it

cedricbd

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2010
I had the same problem 2 weeks ago when my (free!) epson nx510 came in. Comes out the scanner try was damaged during shipping so they (epson) shipped me a new one. Apple doesn't have to know what happened with the printer they [gave!] you, as long as the product number fits.

So before you ship back your damaged printer, be sure to scan or rip off the product no. sticker from your damaged computer box and keep the ink cartridges which will make a good reward for all your waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.