Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EW800

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I have run into something in just the last couple of days in regard to Exchange E-mail on my 6+ using 8.1.1. When I delete an e-mail on the phone, a few seconds later I get a pop-up message that says "Unable to Move Message - The message could not be moved to the mailbox Trash". A few seconds later the message reappears in my Inbox. This only happens with my work exchange messages, not with my personal GMail account.

Can anyone suggest how I can correct this?

Thanks!

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Did you ever figure this out? My system started this in December and now it also won't mark read mail as read on the iPhone or iPad. I have to mark each mail individually on each device.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Yeah, it's odd, because it was fine and now it's not, on both of my devices. Of course, systems at work says it's not them.

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012
Happens to me intermittently. Usually goes away with a reboot, or just by waiting 24 to 48 hours. It sucks.

adonis3k

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
I have this problem with Gmail aswell, I use the Inbox app to go delete them myself as with the Apple Mail it gives me that error as above, annoying!

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
Did you ever work this out?
It's still happening on my iPhone and iPad, along with Calendar not synching. Terribly annoying.

Paul0000

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2013
I had similar - went into settings typed my password in again (same one) for any accounts that were affected and then rebooted.

Hope that helps.

iterva

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Sweden
I started using the Outlook app for my Exchange mail/calendar needs. Also had the same issue every now and then when using IOS mail app.

Quite pleased with the basic functionality the app provides at this moment, and quite regular updates to it from MS to add functionality and squash bugs.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2010
I started using the Outlook app for my Exchange mail/calendar needs. Also had the same issue every now and then when using IOS mail app.

Quite pleased with the basic functionality the app provides at this moment, and quite regular updates to it from MS to add functionality and squash bugs.

I may need to give up and do that. I haven't wanted to because my family uses the Calendar app for family appointments, so I would need to check both. Bah.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.