Exchange email issues since 2.2

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jwflutterby, Nov 24, 2008.

1. jwflutterby macrumors regular

I have been having a lot of issues with my Exchange email account since I upgraded to 2.2... Syncing seems to take a lot longer and moving messages to folders or the trash only works about 10% of the time... I have a .me and a Gmail account that seem to be fine, it is just my work email that is acting up. I tried deleting the account and re-adding it but I am still having problems...

My main reason for having my work email on my iPhone is that I get a lot system status updates and reports overnight and I like to dump everything out to the appropriate folders while I am getting ready for work so when I get to work I only have things I have to respond to left in my inbox... Since 2.2 though, I read the message move it to the folder go on to the next message, move that one, etc. until I'm through about 10 messages then I start getting popups saying "could not move message to folder X" for every message I just moved and they all come right back into my inbox... Sometime after about 3 tries it stays, sometimes message will not stay in the folder no matter how many times I try to move it... This is ridiculous! I never had this problem before 2.2 and it is making my work email account on the iPhone unusable :mad:

2. MDMac macrumors regular

MDMac

This same thing was happening with my mail2web exchange account so I may be of some help. What I did was I deleted all my e-mail accounts off my iPhone then I did a full backup + sync. I then added them back onto my iPhone and voila! Every account would poll in an exceptional amount of time. Moving e-mails to folders etc. began working just like it did before 2.2. Hope this helps. :)

3. jwflutterby thread starter macrumors regular

I tried that already... A couple messages moved to folders but then I was right back to the "message could not be moved" garbage... I hate to do it but I might have to back down to 2.1 because my work email is more important than street view or the other new Google stuff...

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've got two EDU mail accounts and I've turned on the IMAP option for both of them. Not sure if that's an option for you, but IMAP has been a godsend...:(

5. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Not saying it will fix your problems, but I was having major issues last week with my Exchange. Removing the account and then re-adding did not help. What I ended up doing was removing the account and then doing 'Reset All Settings' on my phone. Yes, it's a pain and you'll have to re-enter in a lot of preferences and re-arrange your icons, but it cleared the problem right up for me.

6. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

I noticed this happening with my mail2web account as well on 2.2, BUT, it is also happening to my other m2w account on my 2.1 touch

update: 11/27
    my mail2web appears to be working as it should again, but we'll see if it lasts this time