General Exchange email not working after jailbreak

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by i0Nic, Feb 11, 2013.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I just jailbroke my phone using evasion and since then my Exchange mail isn't showing in my inbox. I can send emails just fine from that account, I can see the folders, but I can't see any emails coming in.

I've deleted the exchange account and added it again a few times, same deal.

I've only applied a few tweaks like Zephyr, Auxo, Activator, Browser changer and Nitrous, but maybe something has interfered.

Any ideas?

2. ian2000gsxr macrumors newbie

This is happening to me as well.
    All I get once I go into one of my folders is "This message has no content"
    Sometimes a reboot or respring takes care of it but not always. Removing the account and then re-adding it worked but only for about 10 minutes and it happened again.
    The only tweaks I have installed are SBSettings, Infinidock and 5 column springboard at this point.

3. nebulousman macrumors newbie

I had the same issue 'message has no content' in both my outlook and gmail accounts on the iphone 5 after JB and a few tweaks (NoNewsIsGoodNews, OpenSSH, Wee Toolbox for NC, WeeKillBackground, & Zeppelin)

I also had Exchange Unlock and I removed that which seems to have solved it for me. Unfortunate because I like Exchange Unlock but it seems to conflict – ever since I removed it my email is back to normal.

4. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I don't use exchange but I think there was an issue with it not working with iOS 6.1. The 6.1.2 update was supposed to handle this.

5. Evilmonkee42 macrumors member

Are you guys updated to 6.1.2?

I'm still on 6.1.1 and have to use Exchange for work. I'm was planning on updating and jailbreaking tonight but am concerned about the no message content.

I have actually run into that a few times already but rebooting seems to fix it.

I too, rely heavily on Exchange Unlock. I hate having to enter a passcode almost every time I use my phone. I've noticed though that EU has not been working as it has pre-6.1. It still seems to require an unlock if the phone has been asleep for awhile, or sometimes even after respringing. Before I updated to 6.1 the only time I would have to enter in the passcode was on a reboot. I think EU needs to be updated.

My biggest concern is with the battery. My phone has been made essentially useless since updating to 6.1. For some reason it seemed like it was fixed after a few cydia tweeks were updated and the battery seemed to be draining normally. Then the next day it was back to power drain mode. Gotta get this sorted out.

I knew I should have just stayed on 5.1.1. There's really nothing all that great about 6.x to warrant such hassles other than being current. I swear, more and more the Android side seems a little brighter. Honestly, if it weren't for all the money spent on apps already, I would probably make the switch.

6. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

Delete your Exchange account from your iPhone and re-add it.

7. Evilmonkee42 macrumors member

Looks like you quoted his post but failed to read it. :p

8. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

Doh! Looks like I missed that sentence. I must be getting lazy in my old age. ;-)

----------

Yeah, I used to have the same problem with my incoming email due a tweak, but a respring fixed it for me too, and it didn't happen often enough to be a problem. If it happens too frequently, then you're looking at removing all your tweaks and installing them one at a time to see which is the culprit.

9. Evilmonkee42 macrumors member

^heh, figured as much. Was just givin' a friendly poke in the ribs. :)