Exchange for a different color (AT&T Store)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rlkv011, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Rlkv011 macrumors regular

Is it possible once you purchased an iPhone 3g from the AT&T store to

exchange it for another color? I know they allow up to 30 days to return

phones but the iPhone might be an exception. Can anyone provide any insight

on this?

Thanks

2. mdecker79 macrumors member

I'm looking to do the same thing. I got a White phone on launch and I want the black phone now. So I found this:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/legal/return-policy.jsp

Which states this
    "Equipment Exchanges

You may exchange equipment one time within the 30 day period.
    Exchanges of Apple branded equipment must be made within 30 days of purchase and will incur a 10% re-stocking fee."

I also called up ATT customer support and they said the same as whats on the site. You can exchange within the first 30 days but you will pay a 10% restocking fee. You also have to exchange the iPhone at the same ATT store you purchased it from.

I hope this helps and I'll be doing the same tomorrow after work.

If you go before me please reply and let me know how it goes as I wont be around the store I purchased mine from till tomorrow in the PM. I also hope they have the black 16gb in stock.

3. Rlkv011 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. I might go this afternoon and let you know what happens.

4. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

It's true, 10% restocking fee. Damn AT&T and their freaking stupidity for wasting my time to wait in front of their store when I could be at Apple getting my black 16gb.

5. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

There are probably a lot of people around right now with a different model than they want. I would post looking for anyone that wants to swap. Just a thought....

6. kmay37 macrumors member

I went to return my phone, not because i don't like it, in fact I LOVE IT, but the screen is off and I can see light around the left edge from behind the screen. So its a defect and they STILL want me to pay a %10 re-stocking fee...that is crazy! She said I would prolly have to go to apple to get a new one for free...which is 45 minutes away....