Exchange for New Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacDaddy80, Feb 28, 2011.

1. MacDaddy80 macrumors member

Hey guys i recently bought a Macbook Pro 15 inch on January 29,2011. I have been hearing some kind of noise in it since i got it and I thought it would go away, but no luck it didnt. Do you think I can return it even though its been thirty days?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No, although Apple will probably fix the noise for you.

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

i would make an appointment at Apple and see what they say.

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

What kind of noise is it and where is it coming from? You might be able to exchange it if you find a sympathetic rep at a store. If not, they will probably just repair it. Could the noise be the Sudden Motion Sensor in the HDD?

5. MacDaddy80 thread starter macrumors member

i dont even care if i get the new one i just want the noise fixed. Its not the sudden motion sensor, its every time im open an application its like a buzzing sound. i am on my second mbp also. the first one did it too. they said they couldn't hear it wen i went there. you can only hear it when it is quiet. it really bothers me.

6. ramo macrumors member

I bet its the LCD Inverter board. Some of the older laptops did this, its probably something you'll just get used to...

7. un.titled macrumors regular

Apple returned my MBP that I purchased at the beginning of January to exchange for a new one(2011 model), so I'm sure they would work something out with you.

8. MacDaddy80 thread starter macrumors member

what did you end up telling them?

9. vipergts831 macrumors newbie

I told my coworker that i just bought the new macbook pro. He said he just had bought his wife one. I asked him what date? He pulled up the reciept and it was for February 4th. I told him call up apple and complain. Say you just bought this for 2500 and the new one just released. So he did that and they credited him back the purchase amount of his purchase (about 2600) so he could purchase the new one. They also sent him the shipping labels. Call them up and they will work with you. :)

10. un.titled macrumors regular

The truth, that I was interested in getting the new 13" version instead. They sent me the return information, but I still haven't decided if I'm going to yet. Starting to read a couple alarming things about the new 13" MBP's.

Just be honest with them. They told me they received a lot of calls from people who purchased in January that wanted to "exchange" it. They seem to have no issue with it.

Technically Apple doesn't do exchanges, they basically just give you your money back 3-5 days after sending it to a local "hub" or something.

11. sneha11 macrumors newbie

Want to Exchange new Macbook pro 13" bought a month back

Hi un.titled,

I actually did call mac and told the truth about exchanging macbook pro with the new one. I had got my macbook one month back. They told me they won't be able to help as 14 days return policy has already passed.

Any suggestion? Should I go to apple store and ask the manager?

Thanks

12. icecold328 macrumors newbie

You can exchange your macbook pro with the new one that just got out

So I bought macbook pro 15" 55 days ago and used it for that long, and today I went back and exchanged it for the brand new macbook pro 15" with i7 cpu.

So here is what i did:
    I bought my macbook pro from bestbuy, however I know you can exchange it from apple retail store and apple online store because: at first about 3 days ago i started with calling apple costumer service sales and told them that my situation and that i was really "bumbed out"/upset that i only had this laptop for 2 months and now the new one is out for the same price but its much faster. So the representative over the phone agreed that i should get the new one, however since i bought it at a retail store i needed to go talk to them. So than i just went to an apple store that was close to my house and went over the same thing with them, and they also agreed to exchange it, but however once i said i bought it from bestbuy they said thats totaly different and that i needed to go talk to them. So at last i went to best buy and i spoke to customer service and they called the manager and i told the manager that apple store and apple online store was ready to exchange but since i bought it from bestbuy only bestbuy could exchange it..blah blah blah... than i said perhaps i should have bought this from the actual apple store and i wouldnt have gone through all this. so manager did agree with me and let me exchange the my old macbook pro that was i5, which i bought 55 days ago with the new one that is i7....

So in the end they actually can exchange macbook pro even up to 55 days. Dont let them tell you they cant, its all up to the manager, 14 day is a their rule however they can and they do make exceptions.

Thnx,
    Good luck.