Exchange for New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kbuck1984, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kbuck1984 macrumors member

Mar 1, 2010
    I've heard lots of different things on here about exchanging a MacBook pro for a new MacBook pro. Well I've called two apple stores and talked to both. I've received the same answer from both. As long as it was purchased within 30 days a d from an apple store it can be returned for
    A. The same/closest model for no fee
    B. An upgraded model with you paying the difference (no restocking fee)
    C. Show proof of purchase and they will refund a small amount of money ($100-$200 depending on model).
    I exchanged a 2.53 ghz 13" MacBook pro for a new 15" MacBook pro today for no restocking fee.
    I hope this helps anyone that's looking/trying to upgrade or exchange.
  2. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2009
    I went to the Indianapolis Keystone apple store today to exchange my $1499 for the new $1199 and they made me pay a restocking fee. I even called apple support earlier today and they said a restocking fee would not be required. It may be because I am not very pushy but I just wanted everyone to know that this doesn't seem to be company wide.
  3. kbuck1984 thread starter macrumors member

Mar 1, 2010

Thats strange. Both managers told me it was company wide. I would call the apple store closest to you to find out before going in.
  4. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2009
    Definitely a good idea. And make sure to get a name of the person who tells you exchanges will be made without a restocking fee.