Exchange for New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kbuck1984, Apr 14, 2010.

1. kbuck1984 macrumors member

I've heard lots of different things on here about exchanging a MacBook pro for a new MacBook pro. Well I've called two apple stores and talked to both. I've received the same answer from both. As long as it was purchased within 30 days a d from an apple store it can be returned for
    A. The same/closest model for no fee
    B. An upgraded model with you paying the difference (no restocking fee)
    C. Show proof of purchase and they will refund a small amount of money ($100-$200 depending on model).
    I exchanged a 2.53 ghz 13" MacBook pro for a new 15" MacBook pro today for no restocking fee.
    I hope this helps anyone that's looking/trying to upgrade or exchange.

2. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

I went to the Indianapolis Keystone apple store today to exchange my $1499 for the new $1199 and they made me pay a restocking fee. I even called apple support earlier today and they said a restocking fee would not be required. It may be because I am not very pushy but I just wanted everyone to know that this doesn't seem to be company wide.

3. kbuck1984 thread starter macrumors member

Thats strange. Both managers told me it was company wide. I would call the apple store closest to you to find out before going in.

4. crhudy1985 macrumors regular

Definitely a good idea. And make sure to get a name of the person who tells you exchanges will be made without a restocking fee.