Exchange help: how to sync local folders across machines

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Soisynoid, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soisynoid macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I could really use some guidance with an email management issue that has been vexing me. I have two work Exchange accounts, that are on two different exchange servers. I need to check both emails at all times, but both accounts have pretty slim and inflexible space allotments. Because I need to be able to access my emails from both my work desktop and my laptop (especially when traveling), I have been keeping all of my saved messages in the inbox. I am fed up of hitting against the quota. Some have suggested that I start using On My Mac folders to archive the emails I need to save so that they're not eating up server space. However if I do that, I'm assuming that I will only be able to access those archived emails from the device on which they're archived.

I should note that I'm running Yosemite/El Capitan on all machines, and am using Mail.app. Happy to switch to Outlook if easier.

I am assuming that this is a relatively common issue. Has anyone found any solutions to this? Thanks so much in advance!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.