exchange iphone 4 black with white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cu2010, Jan 25, 2011.

1. cu2010 macrumors 6502

My iPhone4 has a dead pixel and is going to be replaced with a new one. Do you think :apple: will let me exchange the phones in different colors if white ones become available?

2. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

No, i tried doing that with my iphone 3g, was trying to get them to replace it with a white 3g, they wouldnt do it. No matter how many times i asked, i even offered to pay out of pocket for it... Nothing.

Plus the white iphone 4 isn't coming out. So not sure why you're gonna try and replace your phone with something that doesnt and wont exist :rolleyes:

3. MagnusF macrumors regular

It will be out in late february / beginning of march

4. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Has that info been confirmed yet?

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Absolutely not

6. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

It can only be confirmed when someone says "Confirmed" in obscenely large, underlined, bolded, font with 30 exclamation marks after it.

7. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Its not going to happen. Anyone who still thinks it will come out is quite hopeful if not gullible. Apple will release the new version of the iphone in june, and along with it a proper white version.

8. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

not quite sure why they wouldn't let you pay for it...I can buy anything I want and can afford at the Apple store...I know they won't let you exchange it but if you wanted to buy it and had the funds why wouldn't they let you?please explain

9. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Well the proximity sensor on my iPhone 3G stopped working so i took it in, they looked at it and said they'd replace it. Before they went to grab another i asked if they'd upgrade me to a 3GS and i'd pay the difference, they said no, so i said would you be able to swap it out for a white 3G? they said no, I said to them ill pay the $100 it is to get a new iphone 3G (at the time) and I just want it to be swapped for a white one... they STILL said no. They said that their warranty states the replacement will be the exact same thing as whats being replaced. No changes at all. (which includes colour).

I then held off for another few months, bought an iPhone 4, and did the swap to make it White. I'm in LOVE :D

I can buy anything i want or need at the apple store as well, i could have bought a white 3G outright on the spot if I wanted. But I just asked if they could swap it... didnt really feel like throwing down all that money with the iphone 4 coming out in a few months.

10. cu2010 thread starter macrumors 6502