Exchange iPhone 6 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anobvioustable, Sep 18, 2014.

1. anobvioustable macrumors newbie

I ordered an iPhone 6 16Gb ATT with two year contract. In all the rush to checkout after the store was down for hours I guess either I misclicked or it didnt register my tap to change to 64Gb. I called my apple store and they said they should be able to accommodate me and exchange my iPhone given they have it in stock (lifesavers). I changed ups to hold for pickup and plan to be there at 9am (opening) to pickup my phone and go straight to the apple store, should get there at or before 10 depending on traffic.
    What are my chances they will have an iPhone 6 64Gb ATT Space Gray for an exchange? Maybe an exchange would be able to use their DOA stock? Wish I paid more attention during checkout and caught my mistake :( Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

iPhone 6 for iPhone 6? I'd say your chances are good. Good luck.

3. anobvioustable thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, if all else fails I'll just deal with constant juggling of pictures/music/apps to have adequate room.

4. insane08 macrumors member

I think you should be fine...I’m Going to try to switch the iPhone 6 for the Plus tomorrow from my local ATT. Hopefully they have more than one Plus availibe. I couldn’t get FedEx to hold my device so I’m going to try to upgrade on a separate line.

5. Matt2432 macrumors newbie

I want to change my 6 for the plus also. However I think it's going to be close to impossible to get your hands on a plus tomorrow.

6. anobvioustable thread starter macrumors newbie

Good luck, I kinda want a 6+ for the battery but I know I wont be able to get one unless I wait in line. I waited at ATT store for a friend for the 5 launch(held his spot until he got off work, he paid me $50) I waited from 3am-8am. I was around 5th in line. They said they had ample supply of all the 5s and by the time they were opening they had around 30 people in line. (This was a mall right outside the city) They just said they were short on the 64gb versions, but should have enough for those who want it though they may not get the color they want.

7. anobvioustable thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm actually considering going to the apple store to wait in line around 3am. Getting a "digital reservation for those waiting in line," leaving to go pickup my phone, and then coming back and exchanging. Anyone think this would work? I'm not sure how the digital reservations work this year, could you leave and come back later in the day to pick up? As long as youre there when they hand out tickets or start the digital reservations...This will work better because I have to leave for a flight around noon and I can just catch up on sleep on the plane :)

8. Fant macrumors regular

Based on what i'm reading i'm guessing they will have plenty of iphone 6 gold 128gb available. Those seem to be the least in demand.

9. anobvioustable thread starter macrumors newbie

Might just wait in line for an hour, get my reservation pass, pickup my iphone from ups and come back and hope they can exchange.

10. insane08 macrumors member

Yea I would head over to the ATT store right now but honestly don’t want to do this alone. I’m just going to wake up and call in. Kind of doubt there will be any crowd at this Att.

Do you know if carriers do reservation passes as well or is that just an apple thing? Around what time do they give them out because I too have to make sure I grab my fedex i6 so I can trade in.

11. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

I am pretty sure if you asked for a 16 they won't give you a 64 unless they have one. I preordered the 64 and they only have limited amounts of each. They aren't going to screw over someone because you made a mistake. Tho for 4x the storage I'd wait till the 64 one was available. 16gbs is a FING JOKE !! Considering they want 6gbs to run their operating system

12. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I added my 6+ a line not eligible for a full upgrade, so I need to 'return' it and re-buy it on the correct line so that I'll pay $499 instead of $799.

I also plan to use Paypal debit to actually buy the phone instead of charging it. Also, I want to buy a Project Red Leather Case.

13. anobvioustable thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats what the rep said when I called the store, if they have it in stock and not reserved they should be able to accommodate me.