exchange iphone after I bought it on ebay?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gtqi, Jul 20, 2008.

1. gtqi macrumors newbie

Hi,

I was thinking of buying an iphone on ebay. If there will be a problem with the phone within the first year can I just go to any apple store and exchange it for another one? Of course I need the original receipt but I am not the guy who bought it and who signed the 2 year contract. Will that be a problem?

2. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Depends which is your situation. Please answer me the following:

-You will get the receipt with the phone?

-Why you will you get an iphone from ebay if you have a apple store near?

-What country you live?

3. gtqi thread starter macrumors newbie

- Yes I will get the original receipt

- I am an exchange student and will go to my home country in a couple of months where Iphone is sold in combination with ridiculous expensive contract rates.

I know that the phone will be locked to ATT so I plan to use my phone with my ATT Pay as you go card and add just a media package. It will be already activated when I get it.

When I will go back in 4 months a software unlock should be easily possible...

4. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

I was reading your other post here is my advice,

If you buy an iphone from ebay you probably will get only the receipt like the activation also devolutions has been pretty hard for some people and they might ask you some info. So there is a high percent taht you might not have the option to exchange it.

Second, iphones are selling for $900 + on ebay you might want o reconsider get one on your country and cancel the contract... is cheaper for you and you can check the iphone since many problems has been reported on some iphones like dust on screen and loose button etc...

I am not sure but if you buy even after you canceled the contract you might have warranty with apple.

If i misslead your question re ask