Exchange iPhone at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uplusd, Sep 20, 2008.

1. uplusd macrumors 6502

What all do you need to bring into the Apple Store to exchange your iPhone? Do you need to bring the original box / accessories or just the phone itself?

Thanks

2. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I just brought the phone itself when mine was replaced. The store has little white boxes of iphones without accessories made specifically for that purpose. There is a debate as to whether those phones are new or not but mine seemed new. The genius who handed it over also insisted it was new so whatever.

I've heard that for some people who insist on an exchange for a phone packaged for retail that you do have to bring all that stuff back.

3. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Yeah you can just bring the phone if you want, when I returned my 3g around a week after launch date I brought everything because I assumed they had no refurbished, which they didn't and they simply opened a brand-new sealed 3g in it's original packaging. Now when I returned my first-gen at the beginning of the year they pulled it out of the white box and the workers at the genius bar said they are packaged different, not because they are refurbished just not to include headphones, manuals, cleaning cloth, charger etc. I assume they would not blatantly "mislead" someone on this as it may have huge repercussions in the future. They simply would say they are Apple Certified which to some mean they are just as good as they were brand new.