Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Merg

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I have a work phone that is connected back to an Exchange server for my email. I seem to have an issue when I receive an email that contains a PDF and JPG. I will tap on the attachments to display them and it will then download them. However, it will then just show a placeholder in the email where the JPG would normally be displayed. I then need to tap on the PDF attachment to opent the PDF.

I cannot figure out why it will not display the JPG in the email after it is downloaded. I just end up with a huge placeholder instead in the email. If the email only contains a JPG or a JPG and another type of attachment, except for a PDF, the JPG will display without issue.

Has anyone else seen this happen or have any ideas?

Thanks,
Merg

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have an Office 365 Exchange account and iPhone 6 on 10.2.1 and if I receive an email in iOS Mail with both an image (jpg or png tested) and a PDF attached, the image displays after I've tapped to download it.

If this is exactly what you're doing in iOS Mail then the issue could be particular to the Exchange server.

The Merg

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I have an Office 365 Exchange account and iPhone 6 on 10.2.1 and if I receive an email in iOS Mail with both an image (jpg or png tested) and a PDF attached, the image displays after I've tapped to download it.

If this is exactly what you're doing in iOS Mail then the issue could be particular to the Exchange server.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that. I believe my company uses Exchange 2013. I'm not sure if they upgraded to Exchange 2016 yet.

- Merg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.