Exchange issues on IOS 12 Beta.

Discussion in 'iOS 12' started by Justins567, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Justins567 macrumors member

Justins567

So, I'm starting a new thread for those of use with Exchange issues. Currently here is my issue.

- company email via native mail app.
    - managed via MDM with Microsoft Intune.
    - issue - PUSH, notifications and email retrieval is not working
    - effectively its acting like its in manual fetch mode. If i open the email app it will grab my new emails, but i HAVE TO open the app.

steps taken to try and resolve.
    - rebooted phone
    -turned push on/off multiple times.
    - uninstalled all MDM and Intune.
    -Re setup MDM and Intune.

someone in another thread suggested looking at - "Settings - notifications- mail - favorite mailboxes" But i do not appear to have any settings similar to that.

Another member of my team upgraded his phone yesterday as well, and is having zero issues with his email in native client. this tells me its not an MDM issue, but more a bug.

2. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

We use MobileIron and no issues so far.

3. adamlonsdale macrumors member

adamlonsdale

Company email also comes to my phone via Exchange, getting occasional bulk emails being delivered when I open calendar, but that will probably be triggering a sync - otherwise manual fetch for me too.

4. betasp macrumors member

5. pesos macrumors 6502a

pesos

Haven't had any issues with ios mail connected to 3 Exchange accounts (Exchange 2016 backend).

6. heymonroe macrumors member

heymonroe

Odd. We use Airwatch. My exchange e-mail is perfectly fine, but cannot get my exchange calendar working. When I disable/re-enable calendar sync the phone stalls for a few seconds and heats up, and then it never appears.

Anyone seeing exchange calendar-specific issues?

(Using air watch for management)

7. Prod1702 macrumors newbie

I have the same issues with my company email as well with exchange. It has forced me to go back to 11.4 other wise I didn’t seem to have problems.

8. inkhorn macrumors member

inkhorn

We use MobileIron too and it works well, other than it totally breaks the Reminders app on the Apple Watch.

9. Justins567 thread starter macrumors member

Justins567

So exchange sync worked on Wednesday for me all day no issues, then decided to just randomly quite again. no amount of reboots, or settings toggles seems to want to make it work again.

i did change my MFA method from texted code to using the Microsoft Authenticator app.. doesn't make a difference :(.

reported the bug to Apple hopefully Beta 2 gets this fixed up.

10. Prod1702 macrumors newbie

Can anyone comment on this issue with beta 2. Does it seem to be fixed?

11. super80e macrumors member

This is still broke in Beta 2. I use air watch and exchange 2016. Acts like it’s fetch but push is enabled

12. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Sounds like a great bug to report on your developer device.

13. super80e macrumors member

Oh we definitely reported the bug on our test devices

14. Prod1702 macrumors newbie

Thanks for letting me know. This bug is the only thing holding me back from using iOS 12.

15. deadcantdance macrumors member

I also have mails from other folders displayed in subfolders. But report has been submitted already. Waiting to hear from Apple...

16. T3CHpro macrumors newbie

T3CHpro

I too had the same issue with exchange over Citrix Secure Hub. Mail only worked as fetch. I see the public beta was released. Anyone test that yet?

17. super80e macrumors member

I think the public beta is the same build as Dev 2, so i doubt its fixed. I'm pretty surprised that they released the public beta with exchange push broken like it is.

18. BriceApp macrumors member

BriceApp

I have had the issue as well since beta 1 on the native mail app. We use AirWatch for management. I have switched my account to fetch until it is resolved.

19. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

Occasionally I see this on my iPad. Sometimes pushes come in immediately, other times I have to go in and refresh the mail to get it to come in. Very hit and miss.

20. T3CHpro macrumors newbie

T3CHpro

I never used public beta’s. Wasn’t aware the dev beta 2 would be the public... thanks

21. super80e macrumors member

No problem the Public Betas have historically been the Dev betas but one build behind.

22. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

We use the same AirWatch mdm and also have the push issue on dp2.

23. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Typically they are the same build, they just come out a bit after the developer betas (and in some cases there might not be a public beta for the first one or two developer betas).

24. barbu macrumors 6502

barbu

That’s funny because my BlackBerry UEM work profile does the same thing. Very interesting. This bug drives me nuts b/c Siri reminder creation was the number one thing I did with my watch.

25. MozMan68 macrumors 68020

MozMan68

Am I the only one HOPING for Exchange email problems?? Who wants more work email? ;)

When I started with my company in August last year and they were unable to install the secure app we use (MASS360) because it didn’t work with the beta for iOS 11.

IT set up my mail on the standard mail app...and so happy for that. They can’t track anything on my phone and all my mail is in one place!! Win win!