Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justins567

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2018
Colorado, USA
So, I'm starting a new thread for those of use with Exchange issues. Currently here is my issue.

- company email via native mail app.
- managed via MDM with Microsoft Intune.
- issue - PUSH, notifications and email retrieval is not working
- effectively its acting like its in manual fetch mode. If i open the email app it will grab my new emails, but i HAVE TO open the app.

steps taken to try and resolve.
- rebooted phone
-turned push on/off multiple times.
- uninstalled all MDM and Intune.
-Re setup MDM and Intune.

someone in another thread suggested looking at - "Settings - notifications- mail - favorite mailboxes" But i do not appear to have any settings similar to that.

Another member of my team upgraded his phone yesterday as well, and is having zero issues with his email in native client. this tells me its not an MDM issue, but more a bug.

adamlonsdale

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2012
Company email also comes to my phone via Exchange, getting occasional bulk emails being delivered when I open calendar, but that will probably be triggering a sync - otherwise manual fetch for me too.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
Haven't had any issues with ios mail connected to 3 Exchange accounts (Exchange 2016 backend).

heymonroe

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
Odd. We use Airwatch. My exchange e-mail is perfectly fine, but cannot get my exchange calendar working. When I disable/re-enable calendar sync the phone stalls for a few seconds and heats up, and then it never appears.

Anyone seeing exchange calendar-specific issues?

(Using air watch for management)

Prod1702

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
I have the same issues with my company email as well with exchange. It has forced me to go back to 11.4 other wise I didn’t seem to have problems.

inkhorn

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2009
We use MobileIron too and it works well, other than it totally breaks the Reminders app on the Apple Watch.

Justins567

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2018
Colorado, USA
So exchange sync worked on Wednesday for me all day no issues, then decided to just randomly quite again. no amount of reboots, or settings toggles seems to want to make it work again.

i did change my MFA method from texted code to using the Microsoft Authenticator app.. doesn't make a difference :(.

reported the bug to Apple hopefully Beta 2 gets this fixed up.

deadcantdance

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
I also have mails from other folders displayed in subfolders. But report has been submitted already. Waiting to hear from Apple...

T3CHpro

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2018
I too had the same issue with exchange over Citrix Secure Hub. Mail only worked as fetch. I see the public beta was released. Anyone test that yet?

super80e

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2010
I too had the same issue with exchange over Citrix Secure Hub. Mail only worked as fetch. I see the public beta was released. Anyone test that yet?

I think the public beta is the same build as Dev 2, so i doubt its fixed. I'm pretty surprised that they released the public beta with exchange push broken like it is.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I have had the issue as well since beta 1 on the native mail app. We use AirWatch for management. I have switched my account to fetch until it is resolved.

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Occasionally I see this on my iPad. Sometimes pushes come in immediately, other times I have to go in and refresh the mail to get it to come in. Very hit and miss.

T3CHpro

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2018
I think the public beta is the same build as Dev 2, so i doubt its fixed. I'm pretty surprised that they released the public beta with exchange push broken like it is.

I never used public beta’s. Wasn’t aware the dev beta 2 would be the public... thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No problem the Public Betas have historically been the Dev betas but one build behind.
Typically they are the same build, they just come out a bit after the developer betas (and in some cases there might not be a public beta for the first one or two developer betas).

barbu

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2013
wpg.mb.ca
We use MobileIron too and it works well, other than it totally breaks the Reminders app on the Apple Watch.
That’s funny because my BlackBerry UEM work profile does the same thing. Very interesting. This bug drives me nuts b/c Siri reminder creation was the number one thing I did with my watch.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Am I the only one HOPING for Exchange email problems?? Who wants more work email? ;)

When I started with my company in August last year and they were unable to install the secure app we use (MASS360) because it didn’t work with the beta for iOS 11.

IT set up my mail on the standard mail app...and so happy for that. They can’t track anything on my phone and all my mail is in one place!! Win win!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.