Exchange late 2008 2.4GHz Macbook for New 2.0GHz Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chris1987, Oct 21, 2008.

1. chris1987 macrumors member

Really hope this thread helps alot of people who are probably in the same position as me.

Anyway, 3 weeks ago I decided to buy the 2.4 Macbook without the knowledge of the new release on October 14th. After discovering the new Macbook range release i regretted my purchase, ALOT.

As many of you may know, the new releases (apart from cosmetics) really aren't that much of an upgrade compared to the late 08 Macbook which i currently have.

I have contacted Apple, and despite my 14 day refund expiration, they have offered for me to return my macbook, and pay the extra 100 pounds (Student) for the new Macbook. What a situation, heh?

Heres my personal List of pros and cons for switching (that effect me):

PROS
    Looks A little better
    Backlit LED Screen
    Glass Trackpad (I hate sticky trackpads)
    Larger Trackpad
    Dramatic GPU Upgrade
    Smaller
    Lighter
    Better Battery Life

CONS
    Costs 100 pounds more
    May look better, but the white Macbook is different - which i feel is (well, was) Apples 'look'

Correct me if i'm wrong, but various Benchmarks show that the performance difference between the 2 (despite the .4GHz downgrade) is pretty much the same.

So, Mac enthusiasts, What say you? Take into account revisions and updates if you can :)

Thanks

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

for only a hundred pounds more, i would drop down the cash and get the new one. its a lot more durable. the old one gats dirty easily and was prone to cracks