Exchange mass e-mail client!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AFPoster, May 18, 2011.

1. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Is there an Exchange Mass E-mail app for purchase / download that handles Microsoft Exchange 2007 e-mail accounts and sends to hundreds / thousands of people at a time?

Mail - Supports Exchange, limits 50 recipients per e-mail
    Microsoft Outlook - Supports Exchange, limits 100 recipients per e-mail
    Mailings 2.0 - does not support Microsoft Exchange
    Mozilla Thunderbird - does not support Microsoft Exchange
    iContact - does not support Microsoft Exchange

the list goes on. Need help please

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

No. If you need to send out mass mailings, desktop e-mail clients are not the way to do it in the first place.

3. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Yes it does

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

While it's definitely not meant to do this, you might be able to accomplish this using an Excel worksheet and a mass mail merge function. Be sure to disable Outlook from saving sent messages to your Sent Messages folder, otherwise your mailbox will be sent fast. Be prepared for many bouncebacks too.

As far as the other programs not supporting Outlook. You're semi-correct :) If your mail administrators have enabled IMAP support, you can configure the programs this way. I have my work email setup this way on my Mac at home (no remote Exchange server access, but IMAP is allowed).

Constant Contact, Mailman, and the Dada Mail Project (the latter is great and the support is friendly too) are some names that come to mind for web-based email list management that send bulk messages. A big feature of these is that they support throttling so that a mail server isn't suddenly inundated with thousands of messages at once.