Exchange my old MBP with a new one

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HSJR, Apr 12, 2010.

1. HSJR macrumors member

Hi all,

I am thinking about exchanging my current MBP 17" with what i think it will be; the long waited new MBP 17". My MBP is 2007 model with 2.4Ghz and has nvidia 8600GT with 256MB. Does it really worth to exchange my old Mac or not? Also, I am planning to have the antiglare screen; Are there any known issues related to that screen or not?What are the advantages of glossy over antiglare screen? How do you feel about the keyboard? And last; should I order SSD or better to stick with HD.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Fasailmac macrumors member

why dont you wait for the thing to be released. It still has not been confirmed that they will be released this week

3. HSJR thread starter macrumors member

I am going to have to wait for the release of MBP update for sure. But I assume there won't be any changes to the design of the MBP.

4. mac8867 macrumors 6502

I have a friend that was in the exact same quandry with her 2008 17". Clearly, waiting for the new model is important, however, you are still looking at ~$2k to upgrade. Only you will be able to determine if it is a value for you.

My friend decided against a new machine and went for the SSD and memory upgrade instead. So, now she operates with a super fast hard drive, 6GB of ram, latest OS, all for around $600 -- and is quite happy.

5. HSJR thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for sharing; I believe your friend has done smart move; but I may consider it if I have the new model;
    If the new update include introduction of usb 3 and more fantasy option; then I may spend money on a new MBP otherwise I will work in my current MBP, since it has no issues at all.

6. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

holy semicolons batman!

7. Bmyluv macrumors newbie

By your post i understand that you can exchange our mac for a new model and just pay he differece,is that possible?

8. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple does not do exchanges. You can return within 14 days if you pay restocking fee. It would certainly be nice if they would do exchanges though.

9. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

they should allow exchanges for the amount of money were fishing out for one of these things.