Exchange Policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Joben, May 22, 2010.

1. Joben macrumors newbie

Hey my MBP 15" Unibody is still under warranty and was just wondering if there was a way to get a new one like exchange it. It has been about 8 months I have had it and nothing is horribly wrong but it does get pretty hot and the fan is making these weird clicking noises, in anyones proffesional opinion, does this stack up enough to get an exchange or how I could. I know the whole appointment with genius bar and all that but what to say to convince the genius bar that I can get a replacement, refurbished or whatever. Thanks your help is appreciated.

2. vant macrumors 65816

Doesn't sound like you need a replacement to me. Sounds like you want apple to pay for your upgrade.

3. Selenica macrumors newbie

No you can't exchange your old macbook for a new one and apple doesn't offer any kind of trade-in for cash deals. Your best bet is to sell it on Craigslist or eBay and use that cash towards a new purchase.

4. lcseds macrumors 6502a

They will repair, not replace. You may need a fan if it's making a noise, but running hot? They all do to some degree. Apple, HP, Dell, you name it, they all get mighty toasty on the bottom.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

They require 3 repairs on the same part before they will even consider replacing the machine. Even the it doesn't mean you will get brand new updated machine.

6. Joben thread starter macrumors newbie

ya the repair would even be cool thx na I don't want to sell it and have to buy a new one just have some stuff that needs to be fixed. Ty