Exchange Problem on 2.0 - Inbox not Connecting but everything else works

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dss, Jul 10, 2008.

1. dss macrumors member

Hi,

I am running a "classic" iPhone on 2.0 and connecting to my work server over Activesync. I was able to set up the account without a problem and all of my folders, contacts, etc... appeared successfully. Mail is coming in to all secondary folders but whenever I connect to my inbox, I get a "Connection to the server failed" error. I confirmed with my IT dept that my settings are correct and that other users are running other phones with Activesync without a problem (I believe I am the first iPhone user on 2.0 in our group). I feel like i've played with every setting possible so i'm wondering if anyone has any advice or suggestions?

Thanks...

2. adamka00 macrumors newbie

Same problem

Experiencing the same problem...

Actually on tech support right now with out exchange provider. Calendar/contacts sync just fine and instantly.
    For email, the email folders sync, but there are no actual emails in the folders (or inbox).

Any solutions??

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I get the account get up and verified, but no folders come over except the inbox and i can;t send any emails. I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. :mad:

4. bavarian3 macrumors member

Are any of you guys using frontend.(business).com for your server?

5. adamka00 macrumors newbie

intermedia

We use intermedia.net for hosted exchange; using their activesync configuraton settings.

Supports solution was to move all off my emails off the server and try that, will try that tonight at home

6. Martinjeff macrumors newbie

3G iphone Connection to the Server Failed Exchange ActiveSync Intermedia

I am having the same problem with my 3g iphone when using exchange with intermedia. I can not receive or view my email or see my calendar. We have a few other company iPhones working and one (mine) that does not want to work.

Works:
    My Contacts
    Sending Emails
    Viewing my email file structure
    Viewing emails in my trash

Does not work:
    Seeing emails in my email folders
    Calendar is not showing meetings

Jeff Martin
    Collective Genius

Collective Genius
    The Business Analysis Center of Excellence
    Solely Focused in Business Analysis
    http://www.collective-genius.com

BA Collective
    The Local Online Community of Business Analysts
    http://www.bacollective.com

7. dc661 macrumors newbie

Try reboot - and Active Sync

Sometimes I have the same problem with mail and the phone just gets stuck on "checking for new mail" or something like that. A reboot of the phone has worked every time. Not a great solution, but it works.

Also, make sure you have ordered and paid for the Active Sync service through your exchange provider. They have to add it to your account so you receive push data.

8. Martinjeff macrumors newbie

reboot does not work active

tried a few reboots, activesync is on all my exchange email accounts. i think it is something connected to the app not ready for enterprise email account levels.

Jeff Martin
    Collective Genius

Collective Genius
    The Business Analysis Center of Excellence
    Solely Focused in Business Analysis
    http://www.collective-genius.com

BA Collective
    The Local Online Community of Business Analysts
    http://www.bacollective.com

9. ster11 macrumors newbie

Intermedia.net Issue with iphone 3g

I too am having similar issues with exchange on my iphone 3g. I have calls into intermedia since friday with no luck. They said they have escalated my issue to level 2 support. They think there might be a corrupt email or calendar event which is causing the incoming mail server to time out. They said not everyone who uses intermedia.net for exchange hosting is having this issue, but there are a few who are. If anyone figures it out please let me know.

Works:
    My Contacts
    Sending Emails
    Viewing my email file structure
    Viewing emails in my trash

Does not work:
    Seeing emails in my email folders
    Calendar is not showing meetings

10. bobgeo macrumors newbie

Exchange Inbox issue

All you have to do is create a personal file folder in Outlook and then create an inbox mail folder under this new personal file folder. Then copy all of your emails in your Exchange inbox over to the inbox in your new personal file folder. Copy them all, no matter if it is gigs of emails.

Once completed, send a test email to your exchange server and it should then appear on the iPhone 3G.

You can now move your emails back to the Exchange inbox folder and all should be well.

- Bob

11. EvilAttorney macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with the contacts syncing but not the email. I fixed it by removing the domain in the user name. So instead of domain/username, I only put the username. That fixed everything. BTW, I am running Exchange server 2003 with a security certificate.

12. dajale macrumors newbie

Exchange Inbox issue

I flowed Bob’s advice and moved all of my mail to an archive folder. I then sent an e-mail from my IPhone 3G to my Gmail account. I replied to it and moved all of my mail back to the inbox. The IPhone synced all of the messages okay. I sent a new email to my IPhone to make sure it was still working and it was fine. So the approach works, I can now follow my meetings directly from my mail. :D