Exchange program for MacBook Pro 2016 buyers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jayanth, Jun 5, 2017.

1. jayanth macrumors newbie

Is there any exchange program running for MacBook Pro 2016 buyers?
    Recently purchased my MacBook Pro 2016(35days back) touch bar model and yesterday apple launched new MacBook Pro with better processor and better graphics.

Is there any way to return my product and get the new one?

Apple marketing strategy is extremely disappointing.

2. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

No there's no such program. What do you mean their marketing strategy is extremely disappointing? Did you expect them to not launch new products just because you bought one? Or maybe tell people not to buy their stuff because a new one was coming out in over a month. Seems like a rather poor business strategy.

Honestly, anyone who follows Apple news knew about WWDC and the distinct possibility for new hardware. If you're new to following Apple news, welcome. Apple usually has around three events a year where they announce new products, a Spring event, WWDC and a Fall iPhone centered event. If it makes you feel better, the MBP updates were relatively minor spec bumps so you didn't miss much.

3. daflake macrumors 6502a

Nope, as mentioned, no program. You might try taking it back to the place you bought it and see if they will help, but the bottom line is that you got what you paid for and they are not obligated to take it back. Also as mentioned, Apple has pretty standard events and this forum has been chatting about the possibilities for a few months now, so if you were concerned about it being an "old" computer, why did you buy it?

4. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

You could always call them - I've had this in the past and it included a price drop. Customer service offered to replace it and refund the difference.

Don't ask. Don't get.