Exchange/Push Battery Drain - think a solution is here

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisk, Aug 5, 2008.

1. chrisk macrumors newbie

chrisk

So when I had push on, with everything else off (wifi, 3g, gps), my battery would drain really fast. For example, yesterday from 830 - 330 i left push off, and had about 80% battery left, maybe 90%. I turned push on as i went into a meeting, and 2 hours later lost 50% of the battery. On a normal workday, i would need a recharge by noon.

Also, my usage time always matched my idle, meaning something was not working right with the push.

So last night, following something i saw in a post here, i reset all settings - from the settings menu. I think the key to this is that it deleted the exchange mailbox i had set up. So maybe just delete that mailbox.

When I reconfigured the mailbox and turned on push, the usage and idle times started looking more normal. I've now had the phone on battery power for >2 hours, with push on, and the battery is still at 100%. So, try deleting your exchange account from the phone, and set it up again.

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

2. sneakyob macrumors member

I have been looking everywhere to find a solution or fix!!! I don't know why I didn't see this post on my own!!!! I will try that!! This drain issue just started happening to me a week ago and it was not there when I first started "push" on our exchange server!

Thanks!! I will keep you posted if this works!!

3. sneakyob macrumors member

That worked great!!!!! Thank you!!!! I went from getting 3-4 hours to 10!!!!!

Awesome!:):D