Exchange remote kill tested.. Worked a little too well

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wintrmte, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Wintrmte macrumors regular

All,

I updated my iPhone to the 2.0 software and tested the remote exchange kill function.

The results were exactly was we had expected -- the process killed the phone, literally..

When the phone rebooted, it was in restore original ROM mode, wanting to be connected to iTunes. I did this and it attempted to download the 1.1.4 firmware. After done downloading from Apple, it extracted and then I got this error:

"The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20)"

Any thoughts or suggestions? Other than this, the exchange push works absolutely fantastic!!

2. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I shouldn't laugh but I found that quite funny :D At least you know it works!

3. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It's because 2.0 isn't official yet in iTunes, thus it is asking you to go to 1.4, and you were already at 2.0

4. Wintrmte thread starter macrumors regular

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. I would have figured it would just go back to whatever ROM you selected.

Good to know.

5. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

plug in the iphone to itunes, hold down the home and the power button when the screen goes blank let go of the power but still hold the home button. the screen should remain blnk but it will be in restore mode. if you get the picture on the screen you have to do it all over again. then when in that mode, hold donw the apple button on your computer and hit the restore in itunes. a box will come up allowing you to choose wich backup file you want to use. use the new 2.0 file.