Exchange replacement MBP at the apple store. Please Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ocmajid, Dec 3, 2010.

1. ocmajid macrumors newbie

long story short. I got my lost MBP from apple replaced and they are shipping me a brand new replacement not refurbished. Can I bring it to apple store NIB sealed and exchange it for something of the same value? I dont know if it comes with some kind of receipt. Has anyone received a replacement through apple care before? thanks! I want to exchange it for the new macbook air.....

2. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

You can always call up Apple and make sure over the phone and save yourself a drive if it doesn't work out. Not sure on Apple's policy though - it may or may not be possible.

3. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

When I got my replacement from Apple, it only had the value of the MBP on the recipt. I don't think it could be processed as a refund of some sort.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If they're are mailing it, you have to go through the online store process to do it; just have them give you gift card instead to buy the MacBook Air.

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

How does Applecare cover a lost item? I really need to read that agreement sometime. :)

6. ocmajid thread starter macrumors newbie

Apple sent my macbook back after repairs via fedex w/ signature confirmation and on tracking it says delivered without signature. But I never received it. And apple believes that the guy must of confirmed it was delivered by mistake because they "never" deliver without a signature.... so customer care issued me a replaced for my macbook that was getting repaired. :)

7. ocmajid thread starter macrumors newbie

8. jenzjen macrumors 68000

It is easy if it comes sealed in a full retail package, go to your Apple store, be polite and talk to the manager, and he might go for it. If not, dump it on craigslist, you'll probably be out taxes plus a little $ but if sealed, you should get most of the value back.

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If they're sending you a replacement, call up AppleCare and see if they'll ship you a MacBook Air instead. If that doesn't work, you could try the Apple Store but that probably won't work. The only other option is to sell it on Craigslist and then use that money towards the MacBook Air.