Exchange rMBP 15 with Nvidia 750 for Iris??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Steve686, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I bought my maxed out rMBP 15" 6 days ago and was waiting to see if the refresh rumor panned out, and it did today.

Now I am mulling over which machine to exchange it for.

I would like to know if getting the $1999 machine with Inteil Iris graphics only and maxing out the SSD and just bumping to the 2.5ghz model makes sense from my current 2.6/1TB/750?

I hear nothing but groans about the discrete graphics on my laptop but haven't had time to put it to the test.

Any help would be apprecitated. I am already in for $3249 so it wouldn't hurt to save a few bucks but an almost even exchange is fine, too.

2. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

I suppose you just have to ask yourself if you need the power offered by a dGPU or not. The Iris is generally plenty enough for most common tasks so it really comes down to specialized software such as games and video rendering.

Perhaps try putting it to the test before exchanging? Wouldn't want to go trade in then realize you've made a mistake ya know?

3. Steve686 thread starter macrumors 68030

Steve686

I see.

I do a lot of GoPro 1080P editing on my 2013 iMac and it works well.

I just need to figure out if the 750 is REALLY worth having in the machine or not.