Exchange- Setup 2 DIFFERENT Exchange Accounts, or 1 Exchange and 1 IMAP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ajhillgolf, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ajhillgolf macrumors newbie

Two different Exchange servers on the same device is probably asking too much. One exchange server working will be a great start, but I want to eventually have 2 exchange servers setup on the same device-- IS THIS POSSIBLE? How to? Does this require MULTIPLE profiles on the iPhone--is this possible? How to swith profiles? Backup scenario is one OMA and one IMAP.

I've been using IMAP, but it was buggy before 2.1 (we couldn't get OMA to work properly with versions prior to 2.1--therefore used IMAP, which didn't work very well before 2.1.)

I now have 2.1 (iPhone 2G) and IMAP works fine for mail folders (though it won't update ALL folders automatically--only updates folder contents when a folder is selected). Contacts and calendar folders do not show all details (seems like only the "FILE AS" and "notes" fields are populated.) Is there a way to map fields synch'd for IMAP setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. icoffee macrumors regular

I'm trying to do the same thing. I work for two companies and would like to have both exchange accounts in Apple Mail. Did you find a solution?

3. freeweel macrumors newbie

No, mobile devices (and the iPhone too) only allow one exchange account - sorry...

4. Lolento macrumors newbie

Two exchange accounts can be done.

Requires jailbroken iphone and a bit of hacking.

Search modmyi forums