Exchange Sync Billing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tbmx, Aug 3, 2008.

1. tbmx macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have searched all over and can not find a clear answer... I understand that you can sync with exchange without having an enterprise plan but from everthing I have seen no one has been clear if AT&T will eventually begin to charge the additional fifteen dollars for the enterprise plan. Has anyone used the sync with the standard data plan, received their first bill and can confirm it is not charged? Thanks... Sorry if I missed this somewhere.

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No, that's ridiculous. The $45 enterprise data plan is for lines on a business account. If you're not on a business account then you don't need to worry about anything, use Exchange ActiveSync as much as you want.

3. TechIsCool macrumors member

LOL i dont know but if they call me or tell me that i need to pay more since im using Exchange im going to tell them that i run my own exchange server from home so my laptop and desktop keep them same inbox thats all lol :)

4. Jeremy W macrumors regular

Exchange just uses regular HTTPS, there is nothing special about it. They couldn't restrict it if they wanted to.

Hi, PoitNarf!

5. tbmx thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies!

One last question, just because I use a FAN does not mean it's considered a "business account" correct? That would only be the case if the actual business was on the contract rather than myself.

6. haddman macrumors regular

That is correct.

Exchange works fine on a personal account. A data connection is a data connection.