General Exchange Sync

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Jasonkruys, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Jasonkruys macrumors newbie

Mar 23, 2014
    Hi guys, I have spent numerous hours searching the site, and the general web and have not found a definitive answer to my question. The issue I have is that functionality has changed so much over different versions, trying to find information for the latest version, rather than an obscure workaround for a previous version is difficult!

Anyway, hopefully an easy one for you experts!

If I connect both my MacBook with Outlook for Mac 2011, and my IPhone 5 to a Microsoft exchange email account in the cloud, what will sync between the two?

I assume that mail will work as expected, as will calendar, updating on both systems. What about notes and tasks created on Outlook for Mac - will they sync with the iPhone? It is these I am particularly interested in!

2. 1member1 macrumors 6502

Sep 8, 2012
    After you configure exchange in the iPhone you will get a screen where you can pick what do you want to sync to the iPhone.
  3. jahall05 macrumors regular

Jul 30, 2013
    Above. You can choose to sync the Calendar, Mail, Notes, Contacts with iPhone. Calendar, Mail, and contacts will sync with your exchange server for contacts.
  4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

Feb 13, 2011
    Baltimore, Maryland
    iOS 7 Reminders can optionally sync with Exchange Tasks, also.
  5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Feb 9, 2011
    It's really sync among the 3. IIRC Notes sync requires Exchange 2010.