Exchange/Type of Store Info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sonicdeathmoose, Oct 25, 2011.

1. sonicdeathmoose macrumors newbie

Hey all, first iPhone so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I have been having some really terrible battery life (even compared to some of the worse-off posts in other threads) and want to take my phone in, hopefully for an exchange. Now, I bought it through Apple.com (Sprint 64GB White) along with Applecare Plus, but the nearest apple store is about two and a half hours away. If I take it into a sprint store would they be capable of exchanging it or do I need to go directly to apple since I bought it from their website? My main concern is that if I go through the sprint store they will somehow screw up my Applecare Plus because unless I am mistaken it is tied to the phone's serial number. However, a 5 minute trip to the sprint store is much better than the 2.5 hour trip to the apple store. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I can't answer your question about an exchange at the Sprint store (I'd give them a call or just stop in). However, I do recommend calling AppleCare and see what the company line is. I've had them offer to ship me a replacement phone to save me a trip to an Apple Store. Also, they should be able to undo any damage Sprint does to your Applecare. ;)

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sprint didn't sell you the phone and they don't provide the warranty, you need to go through Apple.

Depending on how urgent it is, hang in there for another couple of weeks - likely there will be an iOS update to address battery drain.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

You'll never know till you try. Why not think positive, take it to Sprint. Be honest, matter of fact, ask for what you want and see what they say. Give them a chance to take care of you.

Your courtesy will go a long ways.

If you don't get what you want, I'd call Sprint next.

If they dont help you then call Apple.

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

No need to leave home. Since you have AppleCare+ you just call them and they will ship you a replacement warranty unit. You will not even have to pay the Advanced Replacement Service (ARS) fee.

Telephone Numbers
    800-APL-CARE (800-275-2273)
    Seven days a week
    8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. central time

As the other poster indicated above, Sprint can't help here since you purchased from Apple.com and all warranty service is via Apple.

Dave

6. sonicdeathmoose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it. I may try to stick it out a bit longer, play with the settings some more, and see if an update helps.

Thanks Dave, if I do this though will I be out of a phone for the time it takes to get here? I imagine I would need to ship the defective unit back first.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

No, they will ship you a replacement first. You just drop yours in the box provided and put on the included shipping label and return it within 10 days.

Give them a call.

Dave

8. sonicdeathmoose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a ton Dave, I really appreciate it.