Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brentg33, Jul 13, 2008.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

I set up exchange on my 1st gen iphone, and i am able to get the push email, but is there a way to add contacts and calendar from that account without it removing my exsisting contacts and ical stuff sync from my macbook?

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Right now, on 5a347, I have Exchange contacts, calendar, and mail... AND MobileMe contacts, calendar, and mail, and they are all nice and separate on my iPhone.

I know a lot of reviews have been saying that one replaces the other, so I'm wondering if the newer build (5a347 when you restore your phone using iTunes vs 5a345 that comes on the phone) adds this ability.

If you are running 5a347, you can definitely have both.

3. Lougle macrumors member

I am running 5a345 and have both. I think that you can have both if both are being pushed to your phone. Before I set up my MobileMe push services I had my contacts and calenders synced via iTunes. When I flipped on my work exchange syncing I was given the warning that it would replace my contacts and calendars. I opted not at that time

After my MobileMe was set up I tried the Exchange push contacts and calendar again and I did not get the warning. Both now appear on my 5a345 iPhone 3G.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

That kind of dumb. Since it's clearly possible, I would hope that Apple addresses that in an update for iTunes-synced contacts.

5. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i have 5A347 and when i go into my exchange account settings, it does give me that warning....i dont have mobile me....i just have synced contacts from my address book/ical