Exchanged 2010 MBP 15" for 2011 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hook'Em2006, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

Must say the exchange went smooth and easy. The Apple store reps said that had scene quite a few MBP's selling today. A handful of exchanges, but mostly new sales. As a matter of fact, they were out of the mid-range 15" and sold out of the base model 13". They did say, however, that they will be receiving shipments daily.

I'm sure this is a "cool story" thread, but I thought I'd let yall know of my, yet another, positive experience with the Apple store at Willow Bend in Plano, Tx.:apple::cool:

2. currins macrumors member

Were you in your 14 day window or did the store bend the rules for you? I'm thinking about taking my 50 day old MBP in to beg for an exchange.

3. criticalb macrumors member

Same here - I took the 15 in mbp I bought on feb. 1 back to the Jackson ms apple store tonight and walked out with a new model in 15 minutes. I totally wasn't expecting them to allow a trade, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Glad I did!

4. Hook'Em2006 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was on day 14 of my 14 day window. But the Apple rep told me that they allow 30 days when a product is refreshed. I saw one guy come in with a 2 month old MBP and he walked out with a brand new one, they had him pay a restocking fee though.