iPad Exchanged Air Refund - Muchos Hoop Jumping

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MrGimper, Dec 4, 2013.

1. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

So, backstory .... Purchased an Air from my local Apple Store on launch day (1st Nov) using my bank card. Various issues so got it swapped out several times. Latest Air had a return date of 8th Dec. Got fed up with yellow tint so ordered a replacement from John Lewis. It arrived and is perfect, so time to return the Air to Apple

Go into Apple Store, and they are happy to issue a refund. Can't refund on to my card as the exchanges have been done via iTunes Gift Cards. I don't want a £740 gift card and not my problem how they do the exchanges, I want it returned to my card. They say they can't and will refund as cash. I unhappily accept, but then get told limit is £500 so they can't do that. Next option, bank transfer... I go through the process with the assistant, and then require a SWIFT code before the transfer is accepted. A WTF code??? So ring my bank and jump through hoops with them to get this SWIFT code (required for international bank transfers apparently). So now I'll get my refund via bank transfer in 5-10 business days.

Jesus Christ!

Moral of the story, don't ever ever let Apple use a gift card for an exchange.

2. csrini1 macrumors regular

Moral is if you are that worried about tint, you could have just opened the 2nd ipad at the store itself.

3. MrGimper, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013

MrGimper thread starter macrumors 601

MrGimper

Nice try

I opened each one in the store and it looked fine, until I got it home.

4. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

Yeah. Wary of gift cards too - always turns into a faff. Although Braehead store in Scotland refunded from a gift card purchase to my card for me. Less than £500 though.