iPad mini Exchanged my air for rMini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HelloMikee, Nov 12, 2013.

1. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Scored one at a local bestbuy that had it listed as available although store pick up option was not working. Called to confirm they had it and drove to pick it up as they don't allow over the phone purchases.

Anyway...

I'm quite surprised how similar in weight they feel. I don't have them both with me but I've had the air since launch and loved how it felt.

Using the mini now, it feels quite the same in terms of weight. I guess there's something to be said about the mind seeing this larger ipad air but feeling so damn light. Though technically the rMini is lighter than the air, it honestly feels very similar.

With that said, I chose the mini because it just seems to fit better screen wise in my line up. iphone, rMini, 13in rMacbook Pro.

I also feel iOS fits better on the mini screen.

The screen is such a nice upgrade from the original mini's less than stellar screen. The main reason I parted with it.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. I think it's really just a preference between size that separates the two.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I find your weight perception very interesting. One of the big pluses for me for the mini is weight. Using it lying in bed holding it one handed, the Air is just a bit too heavy after extended use. My old mini was perfect. I am anxious to try the rMini to see if it will fit the bill.

3. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Nice purchase. I went back and forth for a while and then decided not to do it. I had the old mini and loved it. Never thought anything was wrong with the screen (HD and it looked miles better than my son's iPad 2). I loved the size and portability. I sold it when the Air came out, and fell in love with that.

It is interesting that you would go with the retina mini after having the Air, but your screen breakdown makes sense.

I love the bigger screen without compromise of weight.

4. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Does it really feel the same though? The Air is 469g where the mini is 331g.

5. 8pril macrumors member

Did you pick up a Wifi version?

6. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

It's perception based on size I bet. Since the air is bigger you expect heavier and when it comes out balanced, it feels "the same".