Exchanged phone! So glad I did

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4sATT, Oct 21, 2011.

1. iphone4sATT macrumors newbie

Ok, pre-ordered white 16gb ATT from apple for launch day. Out of the box I had a defective mute switch. Would not lock into place and over the past 7-days, developed even more wiggle.

Made a genius appt. for 1 pm today. That place was packed! They took the phone back and the genius came back out and said he cleaned it out and tried to convince me to keep it. I again explained that is not working correctly, please swap it out. They obviously are trying to avoid this at all costs.

Well, he did the swap and I am so glad that I did. Immediately I noticed this phone is better in many ways. First, the color is more white than my yellow tinted phone. The mute switch works properly as well. Two other issues that I just thought were norm are very noticeably better with my replacement. The sensor with Siri works every time I put it up to my face. My original phone only worked 2/3 of the time. Lastly, there was a huge hiss/buzz during calls which is not present on this phone.

I guess the original phone really was a lemon. I am shocked it made it through a QC process!

To note, I watched the genius turn down 4 other people who were waiting to replace phones. One was a screen issue, 3 others mute switch issues.

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I don't remember when the 4 was launched, but it seems like the 4s has many more QC issues. My 4 worked flawlessly from day one except the antenna/hold it.

3. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

I may be totally wrong, but I doubt they check every phone that comes off the assembly line. They probably check a certain percentage, and then if they identify an issue within that batch, they might subject the batch to thorough testing.

If, by dumb luck, all the phones tested pass, a bad batch might get shipped out.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

There were a number of reports of the yellow lines (glue) with the 4
    As well as home buttons and mute switches

Every release has these bumps and reports
    But with the volume that has been moved, these complaints are a drop in an ocean

5. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Oh I totally get that. Just seems with the crackling ear pieces, static, mute switches, screens, battery, ect. Seems like a lot and it's not just one or two things.