Exchanged.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
This morning I did an exchange for the 2.8Ghz model bc I need that extra power. Does anyone out there have the 13 Inch 2.8Ghz? How is it treating you?
The speed difference between the dual core i5's is negligible, I doubt you'll notice it. You should've gone quad-core 15" if the CPU was holding you back that much.

Swatman

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
Yes I am! I will mainly be using it for school but I will be upgrading to 8gb because I will be doing some photoshop and music editing from my band. :)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I'm a bit confused to why you're asking what other people are doing with their machines and how well it works:
1) You said you former computer wasn't powerful enough, which I would conclude you exchanged for a faster model expecting a certain increase in performance;
2) At the same time you're asking people why they need this much power—don't you know the answer to this question?

Anyways if you really need performance, consider the 15" model for their quad core processors.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I'm a bit confused to why you're asking what other people are doing with their machines and how well it works:
1) You said you former computer wasn't powerful enough, which I would conclude you exchanged for a faster model expecting a certain increase in performance;
2) At the same time you're asking people why they need this much power—don't you know the answer to this question?

Anyways if you really need performance, consider the 15" model for their quad core processors.
Oh nice. I'll be using it for school and just web-browsing and stuff
It doesn't really seem like they actually do...but whatever floats your boat I guess.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
oh nice. I'll be using it for school and just web-browsing and stuff. :]
So you paid an extra 300 bucks for power you will never even use and have absolutely no need for?

More power to you I guess, but I can see a few other more useful things this 300 bucks could've been spent on.