Exchanging 2012 MBA Question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Southernboyj, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Southernboyj, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Ok so I am considering exchanging my 2012 MacBook Air for the Retina MacBook Pro. I have a few questions.

1. I bought it via Apple Online Store with the student discount and Back to School Giftcard, so my question is, do I need to return the gift card also? Or could they just not give me one on the RMBP purchase.

2. It was bought via "Guest" on Apple's website so I can't print an invoice, so how can I provide proof of purchase at the Retail store I'll be exchanging at?

and 3rd. If all above goes well, can they transfer my data from this 2012 MBA to the Retina MBP?

Thanks for the help!

2. Puonti macrumors 6502a

Sorry to not be of any help to you, but I just thought that was a funny Freudian slip :)

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

i bought online a 13" with my student discount. When i went in store on Saturday, they had the 11" maxed out in store and i really like the form factor so went ahead and bought that (They gave me the student discount again) and they told me to just bring the online order in store and they will return it. I also made it very clear it was a BTO, they said that was fine. So return the gift card and they will just resell you everything

4. Southernboyj thread starter macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

How am I suppose to get a receipt though?
    You can't view an invoice to even print it when you purchase as a guest.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

hmmm, they didn't require an email to email the receipt to? When you get the mac, it should be packaged with an invoice....that should suffice.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

The store should have a record of the transaction. When you purchase it, they scan the serial number and link it to your credit card.

7. palpatine macrumors 68040

I don't think you can purchase a product without getting a receipt for an online purchase. There must be an email. Didn't they give you a confirmation screen of some sort?