Exchanging 32gb for a 16gb

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dl13, Mar 11, 2011.

1. dl13 macrumors newbie

I purchased a 32gb 3g today at Target because it was the only one they had in stock. Does anyone know the protocol for trying to exchange it for a 16gb wifi? Will I be able to do this at any retailer or at Target only? I called another store and they said that they don't know when they'll get their next shipment in and if they even had the model I wanted, they wouldn't hold it for me even though I'm exchanging it. It'll be a first-come, first-serve deal with everyone else.

2. zoman504 macrumors regular

I bought the 16GB last year and went with the 32GB for the iPad 2. Apps can fill it up quickly, esp stuff like games. Unless you need the money, you may want to just keep it.

3. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Well just like any retail item, you're only normally able to exchange it from where you bought it, or at least one of their stores not necessarily the exact same one. If you're able to convince another retailer to swap it, I'd be very surprised. Plus they have to have extra sitting around to swap it out and I doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon...

4. dl13 thread starter macrumors newbie

I actually am on the fence about keeping it. Although it is sad that I'm looking at this $230+ difference as a lot of nights out at the bar that I'm missing out on. And I'm still in school, so my wallet isn't seeing $230 often.

5. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I didn't notice you were going from a 3g to Wifi as well. Yeah that difference is a little harder to justify if you don't need it...

6. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

sell on ebay to get more money:D and then buy a 16 gb wifi