iPad mini Exchanging A Mini-Retina 32GB iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by i1280, Dec 25, 2013.

1. i1280 macrumors regular

i1280

Just got a white one for Christmas which is awesome!!! I think I might want to get a black one instead. Anyone know if I can exchange it at Apple Store or Best Buy for a black one? Thanks for the help and advice. Merry Christmas all!!

One more step closer to converting the whole household to Apple!

2. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

You'll probably have to return it and re buy a black one but should be possible to get the end result you want. :)

3. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

That's exactly what you have to do. So you'll need a gift receipt or the original receipt if possible.

4. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

An exchange or return should be easy, but if your screen is awesome you might want to consider keeping it. Many threads here on screen problems with the new Airs and rMinis. Congratulations on getting a great Christmas gift. I love my white rMini and it doesn't show fingerprints as much.

5. Rodster macrumors 68040

That's a big plus for a white iPad.

6. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

Exchanging A Mini-Retina 32GB iPad

I haven't opened it yet...how can I tell if the screen is "good" or "bad?" If I open it, can I return it?

7. ougum macrumors regular

Open the darn thing! You'll be able to return it.

8. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

Lol...I'm going to try to exchange it tomorrow...but I do want to break it open!!

9. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

You may as well open it because they will likely open it anyway to make sure the iPad is in the box. Exchange shouldn't be a problem though.

10. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

Thanks everyone for the responses. Am just a little concerned because my wife bought it from QVC and they shipped her the wrong one so I don't have a receipt to show at the Apple Store and tier policy says it had to be purchased online from Apple or from the store.

Again, thanks all for the responses as I'm just getting into dealing with Apple...

11. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

If your wife bought it from QVC sadly, your out of luck, as an apple store won't replace it unless it was bought from them, and it's been no longer than 14 days in the UK. Chances are QVC won't accept the exchange but will accept the refund so you can buy one from Apple or another from QVC.

12. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

13. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Just return it to QVC, if you phone them up they'll probably ship out the new one and collect the old in one hit then refund you nice they receive the old one back...

The other option is to try taking it back to apple, explain you got it for Xmas but don't say where it came from and say you presumed it was from apple, they may help regardless as they're excellent with regards to customer service :)

14. knguye11 macrumors newbie

knguye11

Most guys would go with black for his first iPad, but maybe your second iPad you will like white.

15. monkey28rb macrumors 6502

Yup.. I have a white 32. I love it

16. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

17. EezyE macrumors regular

I may be in the minority but I don't find the white distracting. I don't really notice it at all when using my white retina mini.

18. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

I have the white rMini. I prefer it over the black. It looks nicer for many things (web browsing, emails, messaging, reading), and I don't really notice it negatively for movies etc.

19. i1280 thread starter macrumors regular

i1280

Thanks all. I wasn't able to return to the Apple Store, so I returned the white one and purchased the black one instead. Looking forward to getting it up and running!!