Exchanging an iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Oct 12, 2011.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

So I ordered a 16GB and should have ordered a 32GB. If I want to exchange it before I open it... I assume I'll have to wait until all the commotion and lines calm down before I can do it if I don't want to camp out each day. Does anyone know of any other option??

2. Moomba macrumors regular

I'm in the exact same boat here. You have 30 days to return/exchange it whether opened or not. From what I've seen it looks like I would need to wait through the line like normal. Although, if you contact Apple you might be able to send your back and get a new one. However, if you do that it will likely take a week or two to process due to the current backorder plus the shipping both ways. Best bet looks to be to wait a couple weeks and try then. Who knows by then you may decide 16gb was plenty, or that you actually want 64gb.

Contacting your store in the morning will likely be your best bet. Who knows... they may be nice and process your exchange before the sales as you technically already have the device. Might be semi-likely if your device is still unopened too since they can just give to to the next customer...

3. dnkbro macrumors regular

I'm also in a similar situation. I ordered a white 32GB 4S online via AT&T but they are sending me a black one. I'm thinking about going on launch day to see if I can swap it out although I doubt it's going to work.

4. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I was hoping they'd let me exchange it out right away but calling stores to ask hasn't gotten me very far. Maybe tomorrow I'll head to a few and ask. Maybe a nice manager will let me do it.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you're within the 30 day trial, you can get it exchanged; hopefully they'll have the one you want. Bring your box and all its contents...:cool:

6. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

With my luck it will be 31 days til I can get a White 32GB;). Plus... what if I broke it in the meantime. I had forgotten about the 30 day trial though. Thanks for reminding me! I was feeling sad about not being able to open the box and use it right away! Hard to imagine having the 4S sitting there for 2 weeks and not using it.

7. futch macrumors 6502

futch

Impossible to let it sit for 2 weeks.