Exchanging faulty iphone after 3g launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macjock, Jun 3, 2008.

1. macjock macrumors regular

Does anyone know what the likely scenario will be for persons wishing to have a faulty iphone (1st gen) exchanged after the launch of the 3g version?

Will they keep a stock pile of 1st gen phones for this purpose or do you think you will be offered a 3g at a cost or otherwise?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You'll probably get one of their many refurb 1st gen phones as a replacement.

3. The Menacer macrumors member

Late last year I saw someone get a brand new iPod mini as a replacement for their broken one. I highly doubt you will get a 3G iPhone.

4. Van Wildonher macrumors 6502a

Stock pile of 1st gen refurbs no doubt.

5. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

Don't even count on it! And don't be one of those people that thinks they can "trick" Apple into giving them a new phone.

6. nick9191 macrumors 68040

No, but they might upgrade your size depending on what they have in stock (ie. if there out of 8gb they might give you a 16gb)

7. 103734 Guest

have you seen how many times this has been asked? It will not work Apple has thought of this already and has tons of refurbs ready.

8. Fireman52SFD macrumors member

Just got a refurb today from apple. In great condition though. Sent in my 8g and got an 8g in mint condition. VERY HAPPY