Exchanging for warranty on accessories without receipt

Chris916

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
my iphone 7 smart battery case (purchased from an ATT store the day the 7 came out) will not hold a charge any longer. It has a 1 year warranty, but i cant find the receipt. Since the phone and case havent even been out for a year, will i still be able to bring it into an apple store for an exchange? I still have the box with the serial number label on the back if that matters.

Thanks for any replies

Andywalker

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
England
my iphone 7 smart battery case (purchased from an ATT store the day the 7 came out) will not hold a charge any longer. It has a 1 year warranty, but i cant find the receipt. Since the phone and case havent even been out for a year, will i still be able to bring it into an apple store for an exchange? I still have the box with the serial number label on the back if that matters.

Thanks for any replies
[doublepost=1498678863][/doublepost]I took mine in last week with the same problem without a receipt and they wouldnt swap it even tho ive only had it about 9 months

Chris916

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
They actually gave me a brand new one right on the spot. The first guy was like no but the genius bar guy said yes

Andywalker

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2017
England
They actually gave me a brand new one right on the spot. The first guy was like no but the genius bar guy said yes
Did they check to see if it was still in warranty? My wife has a white one thats 14 months old and it's literally falling apart that i would like to get exchanged

Chris916

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2016
Did they check to see if it was still in warranty? My wife has a white one thats 14 months old and it's literally falling apart that i would like to get exchanged
They ran the serial number, but they havent even been available a year, so not sure if thats why they did it