Exchanging For White (purchased in last 30 days)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zethca, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Zethca macrumors regular

So I'm on day 28 of my 30 day exchange policy and white iPhones are now available. Is there any reason AT&T would prevent me from paying a restocking fee and exchanging my black iPhone 4 for the white? Again I purchased April 1 and the phone has a 30 day return/exchange so I think I should be fine but it's AT&T so you never know...

Also I know Apple usually doesn't require receipts but does AT&T?

edit: If I purchased at AT&T is it possible to make this exchange transaction at Apple, I would think I would have a much better experience there.

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why would you not be able to return the phone within 30 days if there is a 30 day return policy? Also, why would you be able to exchange a product at a store you didn't buy it from?

4. Nightworm macrumors newbie

You wont have a problem returning to an At&t store. I just did the same thing (30 day return). I walked into an AT&T store this morning and exchanged my black ip4 for a white ip4...I only had the black one for 2 weeks and was still in my 30 day return. No questions and better yet there were no lines. Loving the white !

5. jmo1116 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Did you have to pay a restocking fee?

6. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I did the same thing, charged me $29 to restock it and get a white one.. WELL worth the $30.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, they should allow this.

8. Nightworm macrumors newbie

Yes, I also paid a restocking fee of $19.90 (16gb).... Well worth it

9. Zethca thread starter macrumors regular

My gf and I both exchanged for the white one today. No problem. So crazy I had 2 days left.

10. jlefflerster macrumors newbie

I did!

Actually, for some dumb reason, Verizon only has a 14-day return policy. They claim it's because Apple required them to do it in order to see their product. I disagree as Apple's policy on the iPhone is 30 days. Having purchased my new black iPhone on April 1, I had to return it on April 14 and go back to Droid. Painful to use my Droid for the last two weeks, but knowing White was just around the corner, made it worth it.

This morning, went and got my brand new, shiny White and love it. Put the Zagg cover on it and synced it from a backup and it's like it's always been

11. Carterxx macrumors member

I was actually two days out of my 30-day exchange period, but the manager at the AT&T store over-rided the exchanged and allowed me to exchange for the white one. He said it was because since it was so close to the 30 days and that the white one just came out today, that the company was allowing exchanges up to 8 days past the 30 day exchange period.

12. Zethca thread starter macrumors regular

When I returned to exchange my GF's later in the day (around 8pm) the employees at ATT were saying that one of them only sold a single white iPhone but processed 8 exchanges. Heh!

13. scelzifan macrumors 6502

I actually went to exchange one of my new black ones for a white one yesterday and I got to the store and just couldn't pull the trigger. I thought it looked great in pictures but in person it just wasn't that appealing. Actually it was ugly really, it made the screen look small and finding a nice case to match it would have been a nightmare so I walked away and kept my black one. The sales guy honestly said that he had been there 6 hours and had not sold a single one. So I guess Apple just waited WAY to long to put it out, all the interest is gone.