Exchanging iPad at Apple Store - need genius apt?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xolan99, Apr 13, 2010.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

I've been experiencing intermittent Wifi issues at home.

I purchased my iPad at the Apple store.

My question is: Do I have to go through the whole song and dance about scheduling a genius apt. and having them look at it? Or can I just show up with my receipt, tell them about it, and get a new one?

Part of the reason why I wish I had bought mine at Best Buy is that I normally have no problems exchanging items at Best Buy and usually, with no questions asked.

2. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

Just go in. I've done it numerous times for similar issues with iPhones and macs.

3. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

My experiences at the Genius Bar have been uniformly positive. I spend less time waiting to be helped than I do standing in line for Best Buy's 'customer service'. And they have never hassled me about replacements or exchanges.

(I suppose you could just walk in, but what is the reason *not* to make an appt? You can do it online.)

4. xolan99 thread starter macrumors regular

The reason why I hesitate to is because I live in New York City and you usually have to make an apt. a few days in advance, especially at the 5th ave store (the flagship one) which is closest to me.

5. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

6. jedolley macrumors 68000

When I went in to replace my first iPad (dust under screen), it was only my second time to an Apple store ever. I had no idea about making an appointment for the Genius bar, but I was still helped and was in and out in about 15 min. Customer service at the Apple store was outstanding! I just wish I could say the same for the phone support.

7. 2jzgze macrumors newbie

8. vertigo78 macrumors regular

yes, some stores are extremely busy. ive tried the drop in twice. both times coming away with out getting helped. i was trying to exchange a iphone.