Exchanging iPhone, does syncing save game data?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jayhay, Apr 7, 2010.

1. jayhay macrumors member

I am exchanging my white iPhone tomorrow as it is showing the infamous cracks around the buttons. I synced it just now, but does this back up the data for my games? I just have some games that I have been playing for weeks and I do not want to lose my scores and unlocked levels...

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Your backup should save the data. You will only get it on the new phone if you choose to restore from backup.

TEG

3. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Like TEG said, only if you restore from backup. If you restore as new, not only will you lose app data when you resync but also app order, which is a pain to organize all over agin if you have a lot of apps like i do.

4. jayhay thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info :) I have 8 pages of apps, so losing their order would suck - I had not even thought of that...

How do I make sure that I am restoring from the back-up? Will the people at the Apple Store likely be able to help me with that?

Thanks again for the info!

5. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Once you get the new phone and connect it back to itunes at home, the screen to setup the iPhone like the first day you got it comes up. It will ask to either restore from backup, or restore as new iPhone. Make sure you choose from backup and select which backup (depending how many backups are saved/ how many iPhones are backup on there) and you should be good to go.