exchanging iphone for bigger size

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carjakester, Dec 31, 2013.

1. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i bought my iphone 5s 16gb in october. i wanted the 32 but i wasnt able to get it. now i am out of space. Is there any way for me to trade it in somehow and pay to upgrade?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Surely not via Apple ... You have to sell it by yourself and buy another one ....

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

No way is Apple going to exchange for a bigger size after 2 months. Sell the phone yourself on eBay or Craigslist and buy a new one.

4. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

5. HDJulie macrumors demi-goddess

Yes, you can trade it in at AT&T (and probably at Verizon, T-Mobile, & Sprint), Apple, & Best Buy. Trading it in won't get you a whole lot, though. As others have mentioned the best way to get the most money is to sell it yourself.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe most retailers like apple, vzw, att, bestbuy will take your old phone as trade in, though I suspect you'll not receive too much in return. You're better off selling it outright.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

you would lose a LOT on a trade in compared to selling it yourself. Trade in might get you $ 350..

8. SomeGuyDude macrumors 6502a

SomeGuyDude

Put an ad on Craigslist that you want to trade your phone + cash for a bigger one. I've seen it a bunch. Lots of people get the 32 or 64 and realize they don't need that much.