Exchanging iPhones: 3G black for 3G white.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trombone dixie, Aug 10, 2008.

1. trombone dixie macrumors newbie

i've been having glitch problems with my 3G iPhone. at times it will shut itself off completely and freeze for a minute or two. other times, it will exit in the middle of using a program and freeze up. after updating to 2.0.1, i'm still having these issues.

i'll be taking my iPhone in to exchange it. curious???? when i take it in, can it be exchanged for a white 3G iPhone? or am i strictly limited to getting a new black one?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

That will be up to the genius you deal with. If you're nice, you might get one. If they determine that they are going to replace the phone, simply ask, what are my chances of getting a white model?

3. docprego macrumors 65816

In my experience once the genius determines that an exchange is warranted, they really don't care what you change to. But of course YMMV.

4. EmptyG macrumors regular

I agree. I got the white one originally then wanted the black one. The genius I dealt with was very cool about it, though there was nothing wrong with my iPhone so I didn't want to take advantage of the situation. My sis actually wound up getting a black one so we just traded. :) Nice and simple to do, too. Just swapped SIM cards and wiped our "new" phones :)

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

within the initial 30 day period you have a good chance i guess. its completely up to the genius at hand. you are at their mercy...