Exchanging messages with msn messenger & video

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dexydoo, May 8, 2008.

1. dexydoo macrumors newbie

Hi! This is the 1st time I've ever written in a forum. I have a new MacBook Pro - my first mac. I've used pc's. Can I use a messenger that works with msn messenger that my family uses? My sister in Perth Australia uses MSN messenger on a pc with a video camera & I'd like to use this computer to talk with her and see her. :confused

2. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

you can download MSN messenger for OSX from the MSN website, it was recently updated. or you can download AdiumX program which has msn, yahoo and aim all in one. pretty nifty.....
    I dont think any of these support video conferencing though, maybe someone can suggest a chat program with MSN support that allows video.

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

You can try the MeBeam service with Adium. It is still in beta but seems to work OK. The cool thing about it is that in Adium you can add up to 15 users in a video chat regardless of what IM network they are on.

Don't confuse this with MSN's own video chat feature which is still not enabled for general users in the latest version. This video chat is browser based and uses Flash.